E’ stato rilasciata la versione 5.0 di Zend Studio, nessuna grossa novità rispetto le due beta precedenti (se non qualche bugfix).
A seguire un estratto della press release con alcune delle principali novità.
- Web Services support easily connects new PHP applications to existing applications regardless of the technology or devices they use, or their location. WSDL files can be generated directly from PHP source code, and can be parsed for Code Completion Integration and Inspection View.
- Subversion revision control system integration allows developers to select the version control tool of their choice.
- Enhanced support for all major database servers, including IBM DB2 and Cloudscape, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Derby and SQLite.
- Additional new features designed to increase developers productivity:
- New code folding functionality for easily folding classes, functions, PHPDoc blocks as well as non-PHP code.
- Nested PHP Code Completion with support for a variety of PHP elements such as functions, variables, and more.
- Go-To-PHP-Resource let’s developers quickly navigate to any PHP resource in the Project with filtering by classes, functions and constants.
- Internet Explorer Integration so developers can directly view and debug applications within a new internal browser.
- FTP over SSL simplifies deployment by allowing developers to securely upload and download project files. Developers can securely browse their FTP connection using SSL with Implicit and Explicit methods.